Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cleveland Eats; Healthy Eating thoughts

As might be guessed, having a food-related blog, I'm not a small guy. I do like my food (well, I like what I like, though I'm more experimental than I used to be) but from time to time I become aware of the importance of eating good, healthy food.

I'd like to get some suggestions about good places to eat out, that actually have healthy menus available, but are still filling and satisfying.

About a year and a half ago, I was really trying hard to lose some weight. I found that Chili's had some pretty decent options for healthy food, and I wasn't completely depressed eating there.

Where else works for you? Do you stick with 6" subs from Subway or have you discovered a place that lets you eat well, eat often and eat lots? Cleveland Eats would like to hear from you...

1 comment:

  1. I'm also in Cleveland and have lost nearly 50lbs in the past 5 months without exercise. It's all portion control. The pipe dream of "eat well, eat often and eat lots" just doesn't equal weight loss. I've seriously cut out all of the junk that we know is bad for us, limited the amount of meat that I eat, and photograph every last thing that I consume and put it on a blog site (www.snapitfatty.com) to be held accountable.

    The results? Gone from a size 44 pant to 36 (and almost a 34). Lowered my BMI to nearly "normal". Lost almost 50 lbs. Gained respect from friends, family and myself.

    It ain't easy, but you don't have to finish everything on your plate. Know when to say "enough" and push the plate away.

    ReplyDelete