Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cleveland Eats: Samosky's Homestyle Pizzeria, Inc. - Valley City, Ohio.

I might just have found a pizza place I like more than Romeo's. Sadly, it's a long way from where I live, in the middle of Medina County, Ohio.

If you've ever visited Valley City, you've probably either been driving through it (which takes about a minute) or visiting it for the Frog Jumping thing that they do each summer.

But in the middle of the town (village... it's really a nice hamlet, to be honest) is a really good pizza joint. They have won the same World Pizza Championship that Romeo's has won, and it's really no wonder. Their pizzas are very similar.

I ate a couple of slices of their Meaty Pizza, and sampled their cheese fries (called Chicken Coup Fries). I also had a couple of bites from their house burger.

The burger was alright, but I left it unfinished - mostly because I knew that the cheese fries and pizza were the reason I was there.

The cheese fries are good - very good. I should have probably been eating them first, though, because as the cheese cools, the fries get unmanageable - a common issue, of course. Still, they were a good experience and highly recommended.

The small Meaty Pizza? I've managed to eat about a quarter of it. So much meat, so little room in my stomach. I think they get their meatballs from the same place as Romeo's, they tasted very familiar. With pepperoni, bacon and ham on there too, though. I was quickly overwhelmed.

So, I'm impressed with Samosky's. They are a bit of a hike to get to if you're not in or near Medina, but worth a trip out some sunny afternoon. They also have ice cream and some attractive looking baked goods in there too. A little bit of everything in a beautiful little village.

http://samoskyspizza.com/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment